Wimbledon RFC is seeking a Commercial Manager to join this premium growing club in south west London.
Wimbledon is a full service club with mixed minis rugby (including an Inclusive Rugby programme), girls and boys youth rugby, one senior ladies side and five senior men's teams (including a 1st XV that plays in National 3 and an u21 side). We also offer both girls and ladies netball. Wimbledon is a busy community hub with a recently expanded clubhouse and changing facilities, we now have six en-suite changing rooms, two changings rooms with shared showers and a dedicated physiotherapy suite. The most recent upgrade has also added a large meeting/training room and a smaller office room. The running of this club is in the hands of a very active and committed group of volunteers and employees. We are looking for a junior commercial manager to join us in the next stage of our growth and development journey.
- To define and implement the commercial strategy for the club.
- To create and deliver profit improvement opportunities.
- To create and deliver commercial sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
Key skills, experience and qualifications required:
- To grow commercial revenue streams.
- To enhance current club propositions for continuous improvement and innovation opportunities.
- To build and maintain excellent relationships with National and Local businesses.
- To attract further support and investment for the club.
- To identify, implement and manage sponsorship opportunities.
- To develop new branding assets for the club in association with our graphic designer.
- To develop a set of secondary KPI’s ensuring the Club's brand is protected and developed via suitable PR activities.
- To communicate, execute and manage marketing programs to raise the profile of the club within the local community.
- To regularly meet with internal stakeholders.
Relationships and roles:
- Strong track record in revenue generation within a sports club environment.
- Commercially astute and an innovative idea generator that can further enhance the Club’s commercial opportunities.
- Proven track record in contract negotiation and management.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent numerical skills with demonstrable experience of budget setting and control.
- Excellent planning, organisational and presentation skills.
- To demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all employees, coaches and players from u6-1st XV and members of the Club's Executive Committee.
- To build trust, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation and demonstrate a high level of integrity.
- The role reports directly to Chairman of Senior Rugby (Stef D'Anna)
Salary £25k + bonus
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com to be considered for the role.